Dance Stop Studios is the home of the Dance Stop Company, a civic, non-profit organization formed to give the serious student an intense study of dance and the opportunity to perform on a regular basis.
The Company is comprised of Companies I, II, and III; Ballet Ensemble I and II; Apprentice Ballet Ensemble, and Apprentice Tap Company.
The Dance Stop Company, under the direction of Lynette Strickland, has achieved a high degree of recognition and professionalism throughout the community. Dancers are selected from auditions held each May and must have previous training in tap, ballet, and jazz.
The highlight of the Dance Stop Company’s performing season is the annual Mid-Winter Concert held at the Cobb Civic Center. The performances showcase all genres of dance including Ballet, Pointe, Tap, Jazz, Lyrical, and Contemporary. Sponsorship and ticket sales provide essential support to fund ongoing dance education.
Dance Stop Company is the honored recipient of the 2010 Ovation Award for Outstanding Ensemble presented by the Cobb County Arts Board.
Recent performing credits include:
- Cobb County’s Home for the Holidays
- The Grand Opening of the Earl Smith Strand Theatre
- The Humane Society of Cobb County’s Benefit Gala
- Cobb County’s 175th Anniversary Celebration at the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center
- The Earl Smith Strand Theatre Anniversary Celebrations
- Breathe! Benefit Concert for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Disney World’s Magic Music Days in the Magic Kingdom
- Carnival Cruise Lines’ Main Stage in Nassau, Bahamas
- Phipps Plaza’s Holiday Community Day
- North Georgia State Fair
- Junior League of Cobb Marietta’s Mistletoe Market
- Various Cobb County Schools, Assisted Living Centers, and Community Service Events